How to Monetize Your Website with AdSense
By: Brian McGregor
Google AdSense is a fast and easy way for website publishers to automatically display relevant text-based ads on their web pages and earn money in the process.
How do you start making money from your website using AdSense?
1. Sign up for a Google AdSense account. It will only take a few minutes of your time.
2. When your site is accepted, you can begin creating AdSense ads. This is achieved on Google's AdSense site. At the end of the creation process you download the HTML code Google AdSense provides, for inclusion in your web pages. You can insert this code on as many pages and web sites that you wish. Once you upload your amended web pages to your host, the AdSense ads will usually start appearing immediately.
3. You will earn a few cents or dollars per click when someone clicks on any AdSense ads displayed on any of your web pages. The amount you get paid per click is dependant on the amount the advertiser pays Google for the click. You have no control over this value, although there are ways to find out which keywords are higher earning than others. One word of warning - never attempt to earn revenues by clicking on the AdSense ads on your own sites. Under the terms of Google AdSense, this is not allowed and can result in your AdSense account being terminated instantly. The money you have already earned may be lost because of this.
4. Check your statistics. AdSense earnings can be checked at anytime by logging into your Google AdSense account. There are also tracking mechanisms available which you can incorporate during the AdSense ads creation process. This will help you in determining which of your websites and pages are making the most AdSense income.
Once you've got your account up and running, it is important to note that there are several factors affecting how your AdSense ads will perform and thus the amount of money they can potentially make for you.
How do you increase your AdSense earnings?
1. It is best to limit the content for each web page to a single niche or topic. Google AdSense will then be able to serve ads that are highly relevant to your page, which will then result in a higher clickthrough rate.
2. You have complete flexibility in selecting the text colors to be used in the AdSense ads appearing on your web pages. You can thus make the AdSense ads blend into the color scheme on your page, making the ads almost appear as if they are part of the information on the page a opposed to being ads. Alternatively, you may choose to make your AdSense as stand out from your page by using a different color scheme.
3. The location of the ads on your web page can also have an impact on your success with AdSense. On the Google AdSense website, there is a very useful "hot spot" diagram which indicates the best place to locate ads on web pages.
4. There are currently 12 AdSense ad formats. You can test which of these are most successful on your web pages. There is a school of thought which says that traditional banner style formats are now being ignored by many internet users. In other words, they are instantly recognized by viewers as being advertisements and therefore are not even glanced at.
There is no reason why any webmaster should not try AdSense on their sites. It is easy to implement, simple to monitor and makes them money for zero outlay.
Information about the Author:
Brian McGregor is the creator of AdSense-Images which is a unique product designed to help webmasters make more money from their existing AdSense ads. If you're interested in Google AdSense and AdWords go to http://www.adsense-images.com